Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Thank you for visiting our website, and welcome to the new school year! The leadership committee of Friends of Music & the Arts in the Scarsdale Schools is grateful to everyone who supported us last year. Family memberships, t-shirt sales, and purchases at our spring Art Show fundraiser (hosted by talented local artist Miriam Schulman) helped us support arts education in the Scarsdale schools. In 2015-16 FMA was able to:
- Recognize the musical and artistic talents of more than 100 high school students with FMA certificates, awards and scholarships
- Provide refreshments at high school concerts throughout the year;
- Honor the arts faculty throughout the district with a luncheon at the Scarsdale Public Library in the spring;
- Make gifts in support of the arts to each school in the district, as requested by the arts faculty and approved by the principal of each school. A summary of these gifts is below.
Let's keep up the good work! Please renew your support for the coming year, so that we can continue to show our students and faculty that Scarsdale parents appreciate their achievements in and contributions to the arts! It’s easy to join online through the links on this website, or you can click HERE to print out a membership form, then mail it plus your check to FMA, P.O. Box 171H, Scarsdale, NY 10583.
And, IF YOU’D LIKE TO GET INVOLVED in our activities, please contact FMA Co-President Jeannine Palermo at jeannine.palermo.22@gmail.
com. We’d love to have more parents join our team.
Wishing you all the best for a wonderful year ahead!
Kathy Gray and Jeannine Palermo
Co-Presidents, Friends of Music & the Arts
FMA-FUNDED SCHOOL GIFTS, JULY 2016
High School: Stringed instrument storage rack
Dry-mount press for student artwork
Middle School: Apple iPad for image research in classroom
Audio equipment for use in music computer labs
Edgewood: Portable rack for cooling/drying/storing student artwork
Fox Meadow: Portable rack for cooling/drying/storing student artwork
Greenacres: Artroom supplies; Accessories and supplies for music instruction
Heathcote: Portable rack for cooling/drying/storing student artwork
Quaker Ridge: Percussion and stringed instruments
Monday, June 6, 2016
If music, art or drama experiences were particularly meaningful to your child this year, perhaps you would like to recognize the teacher(s) responsible for those experiences by making a donation to Friends of Music & the Arts in that teacher's name. Donations in any amount are welcome, and will be acknowledged to the honored teacher with a personal note from FMA.
To make a donation, click on this link, or mail your check to:
Friends of Music and the Arts in the Scarsdale Schools
P.O. Box 171H
Scarsdale, NY 10583
THANK YOU for your support!
Friends of Music and the Arts is a nonprofit, parent-run community organization dedicated to enhancing arts education in all the Scarsdale schools. FMA donations provide funding to:
- purchase equipment requested by music and arts departments in each school
- support school clubs and programs such as Tri-M Music Honor Society, National Art Honor Society and Jabberwocky Literary Magazine at the High School
- acknowledge outstanding student achievements with awards in music, art and drama
- provide hospitality at school concerts, plays and other events
- host a Teacher Appreciation Luncheon to honor our district’s outstanding music and arts faculty.