We're so excited for our kids to be back together in their school music ensembles, art studios and drama productions! Our district's outstanding arts program is one of the crown jewels of a Scarsdale education. It provides opportunities for students to connect, find self-expression, and cultivate well-being.
As the nonprofit parent booster group for visual and performing arts in Scarsdale schools, FMA|Friends of Music & the Arts connected and supported our student artists and musicians in new and exciting ways last year in response to the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. From producing our student talent video to launching Practice Partners, FMA's new student-to-student music mentorship program, FMA introduced creative initiatives to meet students needs and build community.
Please take a moment now to renew your FMA membership for the school year so we can continue our work. We rely on family donations...and our students rely on us!
* Support our mission to serve Scarsdale music, art and drama students
* Provide resources for FMA initiatives like Practice Partners, SHS concert receptions, students awards, and grant gifts to our schools
* Be counted as a parent who values arts education
* Connect with our community of dedicated parents
* Help our planet and save money on SHS concert dresses with our Encore Dress Program
Members can also save on instrument rentals and purchases, art supplies and dancewear from our local business partners.
If you'd like to get involved with our activities, click here to volunteer, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's to a great year together!
The FMA Executive Team
Laura Gelblum | President
Sherry Hsu, Diane Greenwald, Suzie Hahn | Vice Presidents
Meghana Mehta & Cindy Yau | Co-Treasurers
Debra Asher-Zitrin | Secretary